Who we are
Family Values Magazine operates the https://familyvaluesmagazine.com website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Family Values Magazine website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
-Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
To facilitate our Service;
To provide the Service on our behalf;
To perform Service-related services; or
To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Family Values Magazine Contest Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to all contests featured in any Family Values Magazines publications, website, or social media platform.
2. By entering the contest entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such contest which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way.
3. Family Values Magazines may cancel or amend any contest, contest information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the contest information or these terms and conditions.
4. The contest is open to US residents only. All entrants must be 18 years or older. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of Family Values Magazines are ineligible.
5. Entrants may only enter the contest in their own legal name.
6. The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the magazine, website, or contest post. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the contest will be invalid.
7. Limit of one entry per person per contest or contest cycle. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the contest.
8. Entry to the contest may only be made through the online form, website, or otherwise stated on a social media platform.
9. The prize is as specified in the contest information.
10. The winner is randomly selected from all correct and valid entries; the draw for the winner will take place within 7 days of the date on which the contest closes.
11. Prizes will be awarded in accordance with contest conditions and, if required by law or regulation, under the supervision of an independent observer. Any contest requiring a subjective assessment in the selection of winning entries will be judged by Family Values Magazines and, if required by law or regulation, an independent judge or panel.
12. Should more prizes be claimed than are available for any reason, a simple prize draw will take place for the available prize(s).
13. Family Values Magazines will attempt to notify the winner within 21 days after the closing date, or as otherwise indicated in the contest rules. He/she will be contacted on the phone number, by SMS text, direct message (Social Media Contests), or email address provided when entering the contest. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Family Values Magazine is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Family Values Magazine reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions.
14. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the contest in a manner, which Family Values Magazines determines is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the contest at Family Values Magazines’ sole discretion.
15. Family Values Magazines reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the contest in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the contest is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Family Values Magazines that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the contest.
16. Family Values Magazines reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed or if such proof is not produced on request or to disqualify the entrant from the contest.
17. Family Values Magazines shall try to deliver the prize to the winner within 45 days from the date of the draw, unless otherwise specified to the winner. Delivery restrictions may apply. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Family Values Magazines reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or offer an alternative of similar value.
18. In relation to all contests, the full name and city of residence of the winner may be published by Family Values Magazines and entrants grant to Family Values a non-exclusive license to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
19. Family Values Magazines may exercise its discretion to use the winner’s name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and contest experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or compensation.
20. Family Values Magazines cannot promise that the services relating to the contest will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. Family Values Magazines will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the contest is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
21. In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the contest information, Family Values Magazines shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited and Family Values Magazines reserves the right to reclaim any prize(s) already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Family Values Magazines including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
22. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
23. These terms and conditions were last updated on 1/29/2019